Trusting God When I Feel Used. - Bible Lesson. Teen Bible Lesson.
Have you ever felt taken advantage of by others? Could it be that you were called upon because you had an ability that others lacked? Does that change your feelings of resentment?
- Study Romans 15:1 – 7.
- Choose the best answer (or answers) to the 8 questions that follow.
- The answers are given at the end of this blog entry.
“We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. 2 Each of us should please our neighbors for their good, to build them up. 3 For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: “The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me.”4 For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.
5 May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, 6 so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
7 Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.”
- Romans 15:1 – 7 (New International Version)
1. The strong in faith should help
a) those they judge to be worthy
b) themselves to God’s blessings
c) the spiritually weak
2. A Christian’s motivation for being used by God should be
a) to prove we’re strong
b) for the good of the believer
c) because Jesus did
3. According to these verses even Christ did not
a) try to get people to follow Him
b) live just to please Himself
c) want to be used by God
d) let people monopolize His time
4. The purpose of helping the weak is
a) to whip them into shape
b) to encourage them
c) to be like Christ
d) to illustrate survival of the fittest
5. The phrase in verse 3, “The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me” (taken from Psalm 69:9) means
a) those who insulted God took it out on Jesus
b) the writer of this psalm was sorry he insulted God
c) people who insult people are the loneliest people in the world
6. One purpose of the Scriptures, according to this passage, is to
a) explain prayer
b) defend Jewish tradition
c) explain creation
d) teach us to have hope
7. God offers endurance and encouragement and gives a spirit of
8. Accepting each other
a) means always agreeing on everything
b) refers only to believers of high standing in the church
c) brings praise to God
Like the Christians at Rome in Paul’s day, we sometimes feel used by those who lack spiritual maturity. We must realize that we have the strength to help others, the endurance to achieve a common goal, and the grace to accept others as Jesus does. Take advantage of the opportunities to voluntarily be used by God to serve others.
2. B and C
4. B and C