Sometimes Christians have a hard time deciding what to do in a specific situation that calls for a clear decision. Here are 3 guidelines that might help you in finding God’s will…
- Pray openly to the Father about the issue.
- Write out the pros and cons of each option.
- Ask questions based on Biblical principles…
- What does God’s word say about it (Psalm 119:105)?
- What will it cost (Luke 14:28 – 30)?
- How will it affect you (I Corinthians 6:12)?
- Will it hinder your obedience to God (Luke 11:42)?
- What do spiritually mature people day (Proverbs 15:22)?
- Can you ask God to bless your decision (Proverbs 10:22)?
- Can you thank God for it (Colossians 3:17)?
- Are you doing this to the glory of God (I Corinthians 10:31)?
- Will your decision be a stumbling block to others (I Corinthians 8:9)?
- Are you doing this to please God and not people (Colossians 3:23)?
- Does it promote love (Romans 13:8 – 10)?
- Have you thought about the consequences of your decision (Galatians 6:7)?
Related post – I Don’t See Anything Wrong With It