As Christians, we are to help each other: 15 Questions (Galatians 6:1 – 10) Bible Lesson. Teen Bible Lesson.
(click to open in a new window)
1. How is the Christian community to respond when one of the group sins? In the church at Corinth, a man was caught in sin, was corrected, and repented. Compare Galatians 6:1 to 2 Corinthians 2:5 – 8. Describe the procedure of bringing healing to a repentant sinner.
2. What is the danger that is present when we correct a sinning brother or sister? Compare Galatians 6:1 and Matthew 7:3 – 5.
3. Why should the Christian community be one of healing and restoration (Galatians 6:2; John 13:34, 35)?
4. How does the church avoid being a place where everyone is judging everyone else (Galatians 6:4; Romans 12:3; 1 Corinthians 11:28)?
5. What is to be every Christian’s attitude about learning more (Proverbs 23:23; 1 Peter 2:2)? How is that humble search of God’s truth demonstrated (Galatians 6:6; 1 Timothy 5:17, 18; Hebrews 13:7)?
6. Why is it important that every Christian take responsibility for his or her own “load” of sins? (Galatians 6:5; Psalm 36:1, 2; Jeremiah 31:30)?
7. How does the church remain hopeful when doing the right thing is often difficult and evil people sometimes seem to prosper (Galatians 6:7, 8; Hebrews 10:23 – 25)?
8. What harvest do we all hope to share? What do we plant to get this harvest (Galatians 6:9; 2 Corinthians 9:12; Hebrews 12:11; James 3:17, 18)?
9. Why does doing good work together strengthen the Christian community (Galatians 6:10; Matthew 25:31 – 46; Ephesians 2:10)?
10. How are you helping others live out their God-given plans? Are there times when you hinder people’s relationships with God instead of helping those relationships?
11. Are you protective of other Christians around you? Do you stick up for them when they are put down? How can you be a better friend to those who need a friend?
12. When people in your church are having trouble, do you gossip about them, ignore them, or offer a listening ear and a helping hand? Do you offer forgiveness when they sin? How are you using the opportunities God gives you each day to share His grace with others?
13. What was one of the most rebellious times in your spiritual life? Who (or what) helped to bring you back?
14. How is the church like a center for disease control? What are its standards?
15. What does it mean that Christians are stewards of their relationships?
Christian brotherhood, forgiveness, encouragement, accountability