A Friend On Death Row (2 Timothy 4:9 – 22) Bible Lesson. Teen Bible Lesson.
Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. What do you learn about the apostle Paul, the man, in these personal remarks to Timothy?
2. Describe Paul’s emotional state based upon what you learn in verse 9 – 12.
3. Describe a physical need of Paul based upon what you learn in verses 13a and 21a.
4. Describe Paul’s intellectual needs based upon what you learn in verse 13b.
5. How important is it for friends to be honest with each other about their needs? Explain.
6. What are good and bad reasons for telling others about those who wronged you?
7. What city was Timothy in at this time (1 Timothy 1:3) and what was the occupation of the person about whom Paul warned Timothy?
8. Read about Paul’s experience with another person of that occupation in that same city in Acts 19:23 – 31. Based upon what you have learned, how serious might the threat to Timothy be if he were not cautious?
9. In what specific circumstance did Paul’s friends let him down? What might be their reasons for their actions?
10. In what way did Paul’s faith enable him to forgive his friends?
11. Compare verse 18 to verses 6 – 8. Knowing that Paul was writing from prison, what do you think was about to happen in his life? How is he giving his friends a second chance?
12. How do you think Paul felt – in a cold prison cell, virtually alone because his friends were either busy or had deserted him?