God Is The Perfect Father (Acts 17:24 – 29; Matthew 7:9 – 12; Galatians 3:26, 27). Bible Lesson. Teen Bible Lesson.
By virtue of being the Creator, God is the Father (life-giver/source) of everyone – Christians and non-Christians. But He is uniquely the Father of only those who have been redeemed and adopted by Him.
Study the Bible texts and answer the seven questions below.
“The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands; nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things; and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation, that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, ‘For we also are His children.’ Being then the children of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and thought of man.” – Acts 17:24 – 29 (New American Standard Bible)
1. List three creative things God did.
2. What was God’s purpose in creating human beings?
3. The apostle Paul quoted a non-Christian poet who said, “we also are His children”. In what sense is every human being the offspring of God?
“Or what man is there among you who, when his son asks for a loaf, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.” – Matthew 7:9 – 12
1. What did Jesus mean when He said, though you are evil, you know how to give good gifts to your children?
2. What kind of gifts do earthly fathers give their children?
3. What kind of gifts does God give His children?
“For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.” – Galatians 3:26, 27
1. How would you explain Galatians 3:26, 27 to someone who says to you, “God is everyone’s Father. What’s so special about the Christian?