If you are a parental figure, consider and answer these 7 questions. . .
1. How hard is it for you to set aside “family time”? What have you found to be most helpful to make sure your family gets priority time?
2. Today. Right now. How can you better serve your children?
- Spending more time with them?
- Giving them your undivided attention?
- Giving them more affection?
- Blessing them with special meals and other fun/meaningful occasions?
3. How could you get your children more involved in planning and celebrating family traditions? Are there ways you could enhance the spiritual dimension of your traditions?
4. How can you formally (e. g. family devotions) and informally (e. g. throughout your daily routine) communicate to your children the lasting values of who God is and what He has done?
5. What was the best vacation your family ever took? How can you begin planning a vacation that will honor the Lord by producing great memories for your children?
6. How regularly do you go to (participate in) worship services as a family? What’s the most and least positive aspect of your family’s church involvement?
7. What can you do (as a parent) to make your family’s church (or worship) experience – and your children’s feelings about it – better?
- Taking Your Children on Vacation (freetips4travel.wordpress.com)
- Starting Your Own Family Rituals (babyzone.com)
- Hip2Save This Holiday: Family Newsletter (hip2save.com)
- Managing the Holiday Rush: 5 Tips for Balancing Family Time (babyzone.com)